About SQL Tutorial
SQL stands for Structured Query Language. The SQL language as a query language, it can do much
more than just query a database. It can define the structure of the data, modify data
in the database, and specify security constraints.
A database system provides a
data definition language to specify the database schema
data manipulation language to express database queries and updates. In
practice, the data definition and data manipulation languages are not two separate
languages; instead they simply form parts of a single database language, such as the
widely used SQL language.
About This Tutorial
This SQL tutorial has been prepared for the beginners to help them understand the
basic to advanced concepts of SQL. This tutorial will give you enough understanding
on the various components of SQL along with suitable examples.
Before you start practicing with various types of examples given in this tutorial, we are assuming that you are
already aware about what a database is, especially the RDBMS and what is a computer
- Students who are pursuing BCA, MCA, B.E/B.Tech (CS/IT/EC/EE/ME/Civil/Any other discipline)
- Students who have "Java Programming with SQL" in their curriculum
- Candidates who wish to switch from service based companies to product based
- Candidates who want to continue their career as JAVA developer with SQL
- Candidates who are passionate about coding